My halfway mark was spent at the doctor and lying on my couch in pain. The upside- I didn’t spend any money on a birthday dinner (for which I was willing to cheat) but I spent $14.51 on medication fixing myself. Give and take.
|Is this wide of a selection of detergents really necessary??
It’s only been 15 days (which sometimes feels like an eternity and sometimes I wonder why I haven’t done this all along), but I already notice changes in myself:
- I don’t buy packaged products and make noticeably less trash
- I’ve saved jars to reuse and have worn clothes that I have but don’t wear often
- Well, I already recycled stuff but saying it felt so right
- Other positives
- I don’t feel like my money is slipping through my fingers like sand
- I feel more in control, less stressed
- I notice the ridiculousness of consumerism even more than before
- Example below: Kleenex disposable paper towels for home bathrooms
“Your hands are only as clean as the towel used to dry them.”
Total spent so far: $265.67